- Introduction to the Blog
- Is Metaphysics a Waste of Time?
- Is Metaphysics Difficult?
- The Metaphysics of Consciousness
- Exploring Connections: Music, Cosmology and Mathematics
- From Metaphysics to Mysticism
- The Continuum East and West
- The Metaphysics of the Grail
- Metaphysics in a Nutshell: A Lazy Philosopher’s Guide
- The Perversity of Materialism
- Selected Bibliography and Recommendations
- Do We Regularly Make a Mistake in Metaphysics?
- Relevant and Recommended Links
- The Missing Ingredient: An Anachronistic Discussion of Consciousness
TagsAcademia Aristotle Atheism Aurobindo Being Bradley Buddhism Castaneda Christianity Consciousness Contemplation Continuum Death Dependent Origination Dualism Eckhart Economics Egypt Einstein Enlightenment Ethics Experience Freewill God Grey Owl Happiness Hard Problem Heidegger Hermeticism Hinduism Holy Trinity Idealism Islam Jesus Kant Knowledge Krishnamurti Language Lifestyle logic Magic Materialism Mathematics Metaphysics Music Mysticism Nagarjuna Nondualism Nonduality Perennial Philosophy Philosophy Physics Practice Prayer Prime Numbers Problems Quotes and Extracts Religion Schrodinger Science Shamanism Sherlock Holmes Space Sufism Taoism Teaching Stories Theism Theology Theory of Everything Time Upanishads Weyl Woo
Tag Archives: Nonduality
It may appear that by defending metaphysics and human reason so vigorously on this blog I am overvaluing the role of the intellect on the path to liberation. Far from it. It is just that the blog is about how to do … Continue reading
This post sheds light on from the extracts from the Philokalia posted earlier concerning prayer as practiced by Christian contemplatives – https://theworldknot.wordpress.com/2014/09/10/evagrios-the-solitary-and-the-philokalia/ Here we find the reason for the approach to prayer taken by the monk Evagrios and his community. … Continue reading