- Introduction to the Blog
- Is Metaphysics a Waste of Time?
- Is Metaphysics Difficult?
- The Metaphysics of Consciousness
- Exploring Connections: Music, Cosmology and Mathematics
- From Metaphysics to Mysticism
- The Continuum East and West
- The Metaphysics of the Grail
- Metaphysics in a Nutshell: A Lazy Philosopher’s Guide
- The Perversity of Materialism
- Selected Bibliography and Recommendations
- Do We Regularly Make a Mistake in Metaphysics?
- Relevant and Recommended Links
- The Missing Ingredient: An Anachronistic Discussion of Consciousness
TagsAcademia Aristotle Atheism Aurobindo Being Bradley Buddhism Castaneda Christianity Consciousness Contemplation Continuum Death Dependent Origination Dualism Eckhart Economics Egypt Einstein Enlightenment Ethics Experience Freewill God Grey Owl Happiness Hard Problem Heidegger Hermeticism Hinduism Holy Trinity Idealism Islam Jesus Kant Knowledge Krishnamurti Language Lifestyle logic Magic Materialism Mathematics Metaphysics Music Mysticism Nagarjuna Nondualism Nonduality Perennial Philosophy Philosophy Physics Practice Prayer Prime Numbers Problems Quotes and Extracts Religion Schrodinger Science Shamanism Sherlock Holmes Space Sufism Taoism Teaching Stories Theism Theology Theory of Everything Time Upanishads Weyl Woo
Tag Archives: Science
Here is a shortened cut of the “Science and Consciousness” panel held in the first evening of the “Sages and Scientists ’14” Symposium, which took place in Carlsbad, California, in August of 2014. The participants in the panel, sitting from left … Continue reading
I have been wondering about the properties of a ‘Bose-Einstein condensate’ in relation to a certain form of Idealism. It was a thought put into my head by Erwin Schrodinger, who speaks of the mystics as ‘particles in an ideal … Continue reading
A while ago I recommended Ulrich Mohrhoff’s recent book The World According to Quantum Mechnics. This is a mathematical text book yet also a philosophical statement, since a specific philosophical interpretation of the mathematics is endorsed, namely that of Sri … Continue reading
In scientific consciousness studies, the inter-disciplinary study of consciousness as a reported phenomenon, progress is at a standstill. The problem of explaining consciousness appears to be intractable. In mysticism, which is the study of consciousness as an empirical phenomenon, a … Continue reading